Valentine’s Day is a day we all try to make it special for those we love, who are closest to us and who make us who we are. For those in love and in a relationship, is just another day to prove your other half what they mean to you. Why not prepare something special and surprise your loved one with some tasty Valentine’s Day treats.
I’ve picked several healthy valentine’s day treats recipes and here are some of them.
Peanut Butter Balls
These peanut butter ball truffles are tasty as they look. The recipe is vegan sugar-free version of the traditional peanut butter balls and is available at the Oh She Glows site. This small desert is a perfect, delicious treat to finish a beautiful dinner with your loved one or serve them on a holiday party.
Here is another recipe on how to prepare tasty peanut butter ball from Tasty:
Frozen Blended White Russian Cocktail
Invite your friends over for Valentine’s Day and surprise them with this frozen blended white russian drink. Perfect for winter cold days. Frostylicious. Check out the recipe at the MinimalistBaker site, you will absolutely love it.
You can do it this recipe, or check out how Jamie Oliver prepares black russian and white russian cocktails in the video below.
According to wikipedia, Lamington is traditional Australian cake, made from squares of sponge cake coated in an outer layer of chocolate sauce and rolled in desiccated coconut.
For this Valentine’s Day treat I will show the recipe that I tried it myself. The recipe can be found at iQuitSugar. It takes time to make it, with a medium difficulty, but is worth the effort.
- Sponge cake
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups shredded or desiccated coconut
- Basic Raw Chocolate
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Optional: 1 cup Raspberry Chia Jam
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF and lightly grease and line a 20cm square lamington tray with butter or coconut oil.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and rice malt syrup in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer. In addition, add in the coconut oil and beat briefly until combined. Sift the coconut flour and baking powder and stir through with a wooden spoon.
- Scoop sponge mixture into the prepared tray and smooth over with the back of a spoon. Put it in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool completely. Then slice the sponge in 20 squares about 3cm x 3cm each. Slice each square in half so you can fill with jam.
- For the chocolate coating, place all the ingredients into a saucepan. The saucepan should be on low heat. Stir until everything combined. Pour into a large shallow bowl.
- Place shredded coconut onto a plate.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of Raspberry Chia Jam into the middle of each sponge.
- Take one jam-filled sponge and dip it into the Raw Chocolate. Turn until the sponge is covered in chocolate and pick up, allowing some of the chocolate to drain off. Then place into the coconut and cover all sides.
- Place the lamingtons onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes. Ready to serve them.