Black Sugar (Kurozato) is an unrefined sugar that comes from the island of Okinawa and has many health benefits. It is very popular and common in Asian cooking and baking. Black Sugar has far more nutritional value than white, brown or red sugar types all together.
It looks a lot like brown sugar, only darker in color and more complex in taste, smoky-malt like with a bit of saltiness. The black sugar contains molasses, plus potassium, iron, calcium and other minerals.
Many Western women like to eat chocolate for comfort during their period, but Japanese women like to eat black sugar. in Japan (and Taiwan as well), black sugar is the soothing medicinal of choice, as the minerals like iron and calcium help ease the tension and discomfort, bringing ease and relief during women’s periods while the calories boost the energy to help endure it.
Black Sugar And Ginger Tea To Treat Colds
Black sugar can be used in many ways. In cold winter days, it is very common to drink black sugar and ginger tea to relieve cold symptoms. Here is a recipe on how to prepare natural black sugar and ginger tea:
• 1 cup of chopped ginger (aged ginger)
• 5 cups water
• 5 tablespoons black sugar or enough to taste
1. Smash the cup of ginger and boil it with water.
2. When the water gets to the boil, let it simmer for about half an hour.
3. Then flavor it with black sugar, and it is ready to serve.
When to drink
• It’s better to drink it after meals. As it helps you to digest very efficiently.
• Drink it 5 days before your period, and during the period. It helps to ease discomfort.
• Black sugar is sugar; it doesn’t help you lose weight. But ginger helps.
If any of you are interested what is aged ginger, here is an explanation. Aged ginger is darker color, and the skin is very dry. It’s about 3 to 6 months old.
Black Sugar for Skin Care
Natural black sugar is often used in skin care products. Black sugar provides minerals and Vitamin B that helps with skin cell development. Also, it can easily get rid of dead skin cells and keep our skin healthy and bright. The Vitamin B in black sugar can keep away from skin troubles and aging from UV sunlight.
Benefits of black sugar for your skin:
- Exfoliating (little particles soothe the skin and exfoliate dead skin cells away)
- Gets rid of blackheads and whiteheads in our pores
The particles are soft enough to be used for sensitive skin, but it is also strong enough to get rid of all the wastes.
- Brightens the skin
Black sugar contains glycolic acid that keeps our skin bright and healthy. Using black sugar for our skin can help us with anti-aging and brighter skin.
- Tightens and lifts the skin
The glycolic acid helps improve our skin from damages and support our skin from aging.
- Moisturizes the skin
- Makes the skin elastic
- Excellent for acne care
Extreme exfoliation can cause harm to our skin. But black sugars are so gentle that it calms our skin, and hydrates to stay moisturized. Lastly, it protects from destructive toxins and keeps our skin healthy and glowing.
DIY Black Sugar Mask Scrub Recipe
- Put black sugar and water in a cup in the ratio of 2:1.
- Stir for an hour so the grain/scrub can melt.
- Make sure it cools off and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Put 2 drops of essence oil and mix together.
Black Sugar Skin Care Products
Klair Gentle Black Sugar Facial Polish Product and Customer Reviews
1) A gentle sugar scrub for faceKlairs keeps your skin soft and supple by providing effective exfoliation with deep moisture properties. Its anti-bacterial and anti-aging effects help treat and manage dry flaking skin.
Klairs gentle black sugar scrub for face instantly clears away dead skin while providing deep moisture. Klairs supports 4 main directives in all their products to make you feel safe and comfortable about using the brand! An Eco-friendly product with No Alcohol, Parabens and no artificial colors.
2) So what makes Klairs Gentle Black Sugar Scrub for Face the best choice?
- 4 Free SystemNo alcohol, No animal testing, No paraben, No artificial coloring.
- Black Sugarexfoliates away dead skin cells, leaving the skin soft and glowing.
- Shea Butterprovides extra care and comfort for dry skin.
- Cranberry Oilcontrols skin aging.
- Andiroba Oilacts as an anti-inflammatory ingredient to calm the skin.
- Vitamin Eenhances skin elasticity and ability to retain moisture.
How to use
1) Clean your face and mix an adequate amount of black sugar polish with 2-3 drops of water.
2) Gently massage the scrub in a circular motion on the face.
3) Rinse thoroughly and apply your usual toner, serum and moisturizer from your skincare routine.
Tips1) Some customers are worried about the stimulation when they use this scrub. However, this scrub is mild and good for sensitive skin because the black sugar is same sugar you’ve eaten.
2) If you’re so worried about the stimulation, please use it with your cleansing oil you use. You would not feel any stimulation, also you realize that this way is better to use this scrub effectively. Here is more detail
Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off Exfoliator Product Insight and Customer Reviews
- An exfoliating and hydrating mask wash off that features mineral rich Brazilian black sugar granules. Black sugar is rich in vitamins and minerals and restores nutrients and moisture to skin.
- Theblack sugar is unrefined and enriched with minerals, particularly phosphorus, calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium. It is also rich in vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid.
- Black sugar granules effectively eliminate blackheads.
- The Black Sugar Mask Wash Off has remained one of SKINFOOD’s bestsellers and a customer favorite for over 10 years.
- They also carry a limited edition jumbo size. It is a supersize version at a super steal price.